WHAT IS HEELS 'N WHEELS?
Our Heels ‘n Wheels fundraiser happens every two years at the KCS Elementary School. This year’s event will help us fundraise for our new Elementary School playground! We are so excited! Students have until May 25th to help meet our fundraising goal of $40,000.
On Friday, June 8th, all our elementary students will take part in the big Heels ‘n Wheels running, biking and scootering event. Students select how they will compete, and different age groups are required to finish different distances. Students in Grades 3-5 are able to be a Judah Triathlete and take part in all three events. We encourage parents and grandparents to come cheer on the racers and celebrate their fundraising efforts.
If you have any questions or would like to help by volunteering at the event, please contact our Elementary School office at 250-861-5432.
HOW IT WORKS
Elementary students have until May 25th to earn as many points as possible for their new Elementary School playground. For every dollar they raise, students will earn points towards some pretty cool prizes, including:
• Pizza party with their class
• Popcorn and a movie during class time
• Extra long recess time with cotton candy
• Gift card for Loadz of Toys at Orchard Park for ANYTHING at their store
• Lunch with their friends and favorite teacher at Dairy Queen
• Official 2018 Heels 'n' Wheels t-shirt
Students can also donate their points towards Child of Mine! This is a fantastic Me-Third opportunity for our students to help the Child of Mind children homes in northern India provide balanced meals and supplies to orphans. We are excited to announce that for every 4 points donated by students, we have a group of generous donors who have pooled their money together to donate $1 to Child of Mine up to a maximum of $6,000! That means our KCS students can make a BIG DIFFERENCE in the lives of children in India by simply choosing to give some of their points to Child of Mine rather than purchasing other prizes.
All online donations will receive a charitable tax receipt no matter the size of contribution to the email you provide below. Please note that only cash/cheque donations over $50 will be mailed a charitable tax receipt from our Kelowna Christian School accounting office.
* Don't forget to include your student's first and last name in the Donation Form below. As an incentive, students will receive points for every dollar they raise (one point for each dollar). Points from your donation will be awarded based on the student name you provide in your form.*