It's not about the numbers and getting more students to attend our school. It's about our mission to educate, equip, and inspire our school community to become disciples of Jesus who love and serve God and others. Our desire is to attract new families to join our KCS community, those who would both strengthen our community, as well as be blessed by the education KCS has to offer (fulfilling our mission). We want to be good stewards of the school God has entrusted us to manage.
The KCS Family Referral Program now awards a $1,000 tuition credit to current KCS families whose referral of a new family leads to the enrollment of their children (K-5) at Kelowna Christian School. Also, the new family enrolling one or more children in Kelowna Christian School in Kindergarten to Grade 5 will receive a $1,000 tuition discount. Note: the referral program is only eligible if the new family is accepted and enrolls a child in the KCS Elementary grades. Middle and High School is not part of the referral program at this time due to being at or near capacity.
$1,000 for the referring family + $1,000 for the new KCS family = huge savings on tuition!!!
And … don’t forget… Kelowna Christian School families benefit by receiving a charitable tax receipt equivalent to 70% - 80% of total tuition paid, which reduces the after-tax cost of tuition by another 1/3rd. (Click here for more details)
Anyone who is connected with our KCS community may refer a family to our school and qualify for the tuition credit. This includes current and former parents who have children attending the school, alumni, former staff, and grandparents of KCS families who are and/or have attended our school. So spread the word, and encourage your KCS connections to refer new families as well!
If the referring family is not currently paying tuition to KCS (e.g. former staff, grandparent, etc.) they may choose to assign their tuition credit towards the new referred family or another family's annual tuition fees. Please note that the tuition credit has no cash value. Referrals may not be made retroactively; completed referral forms must be received by KCS before the new student(s) first attend classes.
Start now and spread the word! Do you know a family that would benefit from or is interested in KCS? Here are the next steps...
1. Share your wonderful experiences at KCS with everyone you know, and encourage faith-based families to visit our website (www.kcschool.ca). The more families you refer to KCS, the higher the tuition credit you can earn.
3. Connect the new referred family with our Admissions Office. Cyndy Loewen, our Director of Admissions & Recruitment, will be able to answer any of their questions and give them an enrollment application for KCS.
4. Encourage the new families to submit their enrollment application to KCS for the 2020-2021 school year as soon as possible. The faster we receive and accept their enrollment, the faster you secure your tuition credit and they don't have to worry about being placed on any waiting lists.
5. CLICK HERE to download the PDF Referral Form and claim your tuition credit. Please submit your signed referral form to either the Gordon or Benvoulin Campus offices before August 31, 2020.
6. CLICK HERE to review the KCS Family Referral Program Guidelines (AKA important details in here).
7. Families making successful referrals will receive their $1,000 tuition credit in June 2021, given the new/referred families enrollment continues in good standing beyond January 31st. Note: to adjust the total annual tuition due for new, referred families, their $1,000 tuition discount will be applied immediately upon acceptance.