Statement of Faith
Kelowna Christian School staff, students and families come from a wide range of backgrounds. In fact, collectively we represent dozens of churches in the Central Okanagan. Our Statement of Faith reflects both this and our legacy as a school in a "broadly evangelical" tradition.
- The Holy Scriptures, as originally given by God, are divinely inspired, infallible, entirely trustworthy, and constitute the only supreme authority in all matters of faith and conduct.
- There is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- God through His Word actively and intentionally created heaven and earth, all things seen and unseen.
- Our Lord Jesus Christ took on human form; we affirm his virgin birth, sinless humanity, divine miracles, substitutionary and atoning death, bodily resurrection, ascension, ongoing advocacy on our behalf, and personal return in power and glory.
- The salvation of lost and sinful humanity is possible only through the death and victorious resurrection of the Lord Jesus Christ, received by faith.
- The Holy Spirit regenerates sinners, and indwells, illuminates, guides, equips and empowers believers for Christ-like living and service.
- The Church, the body of Christ, consists of all true believers.
- Ultimately God will judge the living and the dead. The saved will be raised to joy in the new heaven and earth in the presence of God and the lost to condemnation and punishment.